Friday, March 9, 2012

"Sew" here we go...

The world of sewing was never quite appealing to me - in fact it was intimidating and daunting.  But, let me tell me you something.  The last two months I've taken the leap, I've truly experienced the serendipity of my "sewendipity."  I come from a line of seamstresses who were more than good - they were great.  It's only fitting that my Mom decided to completely surprise me with my very first sewing machine last year for my 29th birthday (yikes - is it already close to 30)?  I gave her a small hint several months ago that I was "dipping" my feet in the pool of sewing, and she decided to give me a little push in the deep waters.  And, I have to say, I'm so glad she did. 


All that to say, I'm taking the "other" plunge and starting this blog.  I'm inspired, sewing is fun, and taking on something new is good for your soul.  Here's to starting a blog and mastering sewing!  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Em! I look forward to reading your posts and seeing pictures of your creations. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I love my antiques blog. I have had as many as 14,000 visitors in a month to the site. I am trying to turn in into a money maker, but it is a work of love, like yours seems to be.
    I love the "look" and hope you have fun with it. If you start getting a lot of readers, let me know and I will give you some hints on how to make some money with it. Not that hard, but the secret is lots of good content. It helps when you write about what you love.
    Nell and I miss you, we are homesick and miss Texas. It's been a year since we have been home.
    Love ya,
    Charles

    ReplyDelete