Monday, February 25, 2013

Bragging Rights


Bragging on family never gets old.  I'm pretty blessed - to say the least - with wonderful parents, in-laws, a great sister, beautiful niece, a new soon-to-be brother-in-law (which I'm REALLY excited about) and my HUBS!  I often wonder what I ever did to deserve such terrific people in my life.


My husband is a true treasure - one I often forget is just around the corner in the other room or laying next to me to "open" and enjoy such a gift.  I waited for Jeff, for what seemed like eternity.  Single and dateless for many years - I ever wondered if I would find "him."  Most of you know our story, but one tale I like to tell is the every day blessings Jeff manages to pull off in the midst of a crazy, hectic schedule.

Right now, he volunteers at our local fire department.  He diligently leads a very successful youth ministry in our home church - averaging 80+ kids every week.  After buying a home a little over 2 years ago that needed MAJOR work, Jeff dedicates "off time" to work on this.  He also helps lead a college ministry in Tyler, at least twice a week.  Oh, and he goes to school.  But, the most important responsibility he has is being my husband.  I can be demanding, to say the least, overbearing and impatient - all of which Jeff insists on demonstrating patience, leadership and love in the midst of it all.

Thank you, Jeff for your love for those around you - your love for me and your love for our Savior.  What a true blessing you are in every sense of the word. 

So - if you have a glass, raise it.  My husband deserves it.  If you have a fabulous person in your life - I encourage you to let the world know.  In the midst of the delivery of sad, awful news on the web, TVs, and other outlets - the world could stand to hear some GOOD things going on.  So, today - I acknowledge something good around me, someone




1 comment:

  1. your blog is so cute! one of my goals for 2013 is to get better and more comfortable with the sewing machine. i can make pillow covers and bedspreads, but that's about it. :) looking forward to reading your sewing tips and tricks!

    ReplyDelete