After week one of opening my Southern Sewendipity Facebook page, I have completed 8 orders of custom, homemade clutches for 2 sisters, 2 co-workers, 1 out-of-state friend, 1 "2nd mother", and 2 girlfriends. Believe it or not, I just confirmed 1 additional order for another. The world of technology and word-of-mouth is a girl's best friend when it comes to advertising her favorite accessory. In the world of marketing and accessories, 8 is a small, very tiny number in comparison to companies like Coach or Vera Wang. But, let's face it - I'm just a Southern girl, in a small town, just doing what she loves. So, eat your heart out, Vera! I see eight as the new 1K!
Lessons learned so far:
- Don't be afraid to "take the plunge", even it means standing at the edge for a long time. Don't watch what everyone else is doing...you'll jump when you're ready.
- Practice. You learn more with every step.
- Ask for help. There are many people willing to give you great advice.
- Let your creativity flow...sewing leaves the door WIDE open to create things that reflect you. Take advantage of allowing this opportunity to show others a side they may have never seen before.
- Don't forget to HAVE FUN. Sewing has become a hobby for me. Something I enjoy doing when everything else around me isn't enjoyable. Don't let it become "homework."
(Don't forget, you can inquire more with our Etsy Shop: here and visit us on Facebook here):
|The "Su-Su" clutch (named after my Mom a.k.a Su-Su)|